Kidney cancer is an abnormal growth of kidney cells (abnormal) due to kidney cells multiply uncontrollably. The growth of these cells are not needed by the body and form a mass of tissue or disrupt and became known as a tumor or cancer. Usually accumulating abnormal cells form a tumor tissue that cause health problems for the horse. Malignant tumors will invade nearby tissues and other parts of the body.
Cancer is one of the diseases caused by abnormal cell growth. When cells are damaged divide uncontrollably will make a lump or soft tumor. The tumors can grow and interfere with the digestive system, nervous, and circulatory body to release hormones that can change the function of the body. The longer those cells can develop into certain types of cancer, based on the cell where it is located.
Hypernephroma kidney cancer or a type of cancer in kidney stone called proximal tubulusrenal. The disease is suffered by 80% of adults. The treatment is done through a radical or partial nephrectomy, and supported by the care that helps. Type of kidney cancer is currently limited to renal parenkimia, which has a level of safety for five years with a percentage of 60-70%. But despised for metastatic spread. These cancers are resistant to radiation therapy and chemotherapy, though some are able to respond to immunotherapy.
CAUSES OF KIDNEY CANCER
The exact cause of kidney cancer is not known for sure. Surgery is usually performed to remove the affected kidney cancer. Step therapy is carried out such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy is usually not a good effect in kidney cancer. This is usually not done, only the effect is known to have been able to eliminate pain from cancer. Postoperative survival rates nepherectomy (surgical removal of the entire kidney) about 5-10 years. Kidney damage is often included as kidney failure.
TYPES OF KIDNEY CANCER
There are three (3) types of kidney cancer, namely
- Carcinoma of the kidney cells. Kidney cancer that is most common in humans, about nearly 90% of cases of kidney cancer.
- Transitional cell carcinoma. kidney cancer that occurs in men aged 50 years and over
- Wilms tumor cancer that attacks are hereditary in children.
STAGE OF KIDNEY CANCER
Please note, kidney cancer itself has 4 (four) stages of cancer. Each stadiumya could see the development of the cancer cell diameter and area of distribution.
- Stadium 1-2 with saw diameter cells but the cells are still limited to the kidney area concerned.
- Stage 3-4 when the cancer has spread to lymph nodes nearby, or to parts of the body such as the heart, bones, liver or lungs.
- The higher the stage will be more severe illness burden. Kidney cancer is still not widely known and understood community.
- Symptoms of kidney cancer can lead to different performance depending on the cause. Complaining and varied clinical manifestations of patients with kidney cancer, it can be easily diagnosed. Kidney secret position, the main contact with the outside world is through the urine, so the urine was found the most common symptoms of kidney cancer, but may appear in the urine should pelvis after the invasion of tumor, it is not the initial symptoms.
SYMTOMS OF KIDNEY CANCER
1. There are no obvious symptoms
Currently, more than 40% of clinically healthy kidneys or other reasons to check stumbled across symptoms or signs were clear, and the detection rate increased from year to year, the majority of early lesions, prognosis good. Therefore, regular physical examination is very important.
2. Symptoms of regional specialties
hematuria, back pain, abdominal mass is considered three main typical symptoms of kidney cancer. When symptoms are present in three patients, the disease has been developed to predict the often late, but it rarely happens. Most symptomatic patients only occurs in one of three or two symptoms.
- hematuria: When hematuria, no pain, intermittent seizures, hematuria urine, visible, intermittent period is shortened by the lesion. Kidney bleeding for a long time may be associated with renal colic, often caused by a blood clot through the ureter. This is a common symptom of kidney cancer, then you can go to the hospital for a routine urine examination or KUB.
- Pain: Pain appeared in almost 50% of cases, but symptoms also developed, is due to grow in the kidney capsule or renal pelvis compression tumor that causes pain, or lumbar persistent looks dull due to tumor invasion of organs and psoas vicinity caused when.
- Tumor: renal retroperitoneal far, palpation of the abdomen can not touch, only when the tumor is very large or when before landing to a kidney tumor is located, about 10% to 40% of patients with abdominal palpable mass, general palpable mass abdomen is a symptom late. At this point, you can go to the hospital for a CT scan or MRI to diagnose the disease early.
3. Systemic manifestations
10% to 40% of patients would be a paraneoplastic syndrome characterized by high blood pressure, anemia, weight loss, cachexia, fever, polycythemia, and abnormal liver function.
4. Symptoms of diversion
The patient may be due to the pain caused by metastatic tumors, fractures, cough, hemoptysis and treatment of other symptoms. Approximately 10% of patients due to the transfer of symptoms and medical discoveries. The transfer of suspected symptoms appear, ultrasound can be performed to confirm the disease.
Guangzhou Modern Cancer Hospital experts have warned that protean clinical manifestations of kidney cancer, kidney cancer symptoms after suspected should go to regular hospital to consult a professional doctor for investigation in connection necessary.
RISK FACTOR OF KIDNEY CANCER
However, there are several key factors that allegedly led to the risk of kidney cancer. Specific factors of kidney cancer are:
- Male gender. Kidney cancer usually attacks the male gender, rarely occurs in women. The comparison between male and female patients is 2: 1.
- Age. Age of patients who develop normally aged over 50 years. The highest cases occur in people aged 50-70 years. Patients are rarely found in young age. The higher the age, the risk of kidney cancer will be higher.
- Smoking habit. The risk of those who smoke is much higher than people who do not smoke. Moreover, they are addicted and at the age of 30-40 years and often smoked unfiltered cigarettes. The risk will be smaller when the patient stops smoking.
- Obesity (overweight). Those who are obese will have a much higher Ririko affected by kidney cancer. The risk of obesity associated with the risk of high blood pressure (hypertension).
- High blood pressure (hypertension). Those patients with hypertension (high blood pressure) are at risk of kidney cancer is higher than those without high blood pressure.
- Treatment of renal failure. Those who receive or long-term treatment of kidney failure will have a high risk of developing kidney cancer.
- Von Hippel Lindau disease. This syndrome has a relationship with several types of cancer.
- Descendants (hereditary). Those who have a family history of kidney cancer could potentially suffer a higher risk of possibility. Tuberous sclerosis, is a hereditary condition (descendant) that would cause some kind of new tumors including cancers of the kidney (angiomyolipomas). Hereditary renal cell carcinoma will make susceptible to kidney cancer.
- Food and Drug Administration. Consumption of dairy products, animal protein, and fat are also high in fat becomes a high factor for kidney cancer. Moreover, when not balanced with the consumption of fruits and vegetables regularly. Healthy diet became one of the proposed treatment.
- Exposure to radiation rays. It is feared that exposure to low levels of radioactive rays will be collected and harm the patient.
- Specific job. This work could increase the risk of kidney cancer. Work associated with things that potentially increase the risk, such as metal workers, printing paper, petrochemical workers, coal or charcoal workers.
- Substance abuse. Patients are exposed to several types of toxins such as astrolachia, or exposure to chemicals (such as asbestos and aniline) which can damage the kidneys, or the abuse of phenacetin to watch. When the kidneys are not functioning then the rest of the body's metabolism that are not removed will be toxic to our own bodies.