Just like most businesses, there are some asbestos attorneys that are more trustworthy than others, even if they have similar commercials. The key to figuring out if you can trust a particular commercial over another is by researching the lawyer and/or law firm behind the commercial.
A reputable mesothelioma attorney will have a proven track record of successfully representing clients and winning asbestos cases. They will have also have an informational, fact-based website to go along with their commercial, as well as a clear contact details.
Most importantly, keep in mind that even if you see a commercial in which a law firm is advertising mesothelioma and asbestos case representation, this doesn’t automatically mean that the law firm specializes solely in asbestos lawsuits.
As mentioned early, many mesothelioma case are worth millions, and consequently, numerous lawyers are now representing mesothelioma clients even if they don’t have a lot of experience in this area. However, research will help you determine which attorneys are experienced in asbestos lawsuits.
Another thing to keep in mind is that while mesothelioma lawsuits are usually worth millions, the exact amount you’re entitled to depends on numerous different factors, including how long you’ve lived with an asbestos-related illness, the level of severity of the disease, the state you live in, your age, general health, and more. Therefore, no asbestos attorney can tell you up-front exactly how much compensation you’ll receive. While they may be able to give you a ballpark figure, it’s impossible to tell you an exact amount.
A mesothelioma television commercial is often the first introduction most people have to this rare and aggressive cancer caused by exposure to asbestos.
The commercials usually start with: “If you or a loved one was diagnosed with mesothelioma” The information that follows is almost always about reaching a lawyer regarding a potential legal claim.
While these commercials help raise awareness about the disease, they often leave viewers with unanswered questions, and this is the facts question that you must to know :
1. Can Any Attorney Represent Mesothelioma Patients?
- The short answer is, "No!"
- Mesothelioma presents unique challenges in the legal sense, even for experienced injury attorneys.
- There is no easily identified single act or occurrence immediately evident because exposure to asbestos may have occurred 20, 30 or 40 years before diagnosis, making it difficult to trace.
- Law firms that regularly handle these types of cases work with their clients on work history and witnesses to gain a better sense of determining the exact moment of exposure and the company or employer responsible.
What are asbestos trust funds?
- Companies that manufactured asbestos products or companies in which employees worked with asbestos products are generally liable for causing the disease because they failed to warn employees as part of an industrywide asbestos cover-up.
- Many of these negligent companies filed for bankruptcy reorganization and are protected from lawsuits, but the U.S. government required them to create asbestos trust funds with enough money to pay a portion of the asbestos claims.
- People injured by these companies can file an asbestos bankruptcy claim, which is not a lawsuit, against one of these trusts. Once a claim is filed, trustees who manage the asbestos trusts will determine the amount of compensation based on certain categories, levels of disease and medical criteria.
How Do Mesothelioma Lawyers Get Paid?
- Mesothelioma lawyers work on a contingency fee basis.
- That means their clients pay nothing until they receive compensation from various asbestos trust funds or companies sued. Clients also pay nothing if the attorneys do not recover anything for the client.
- Total compensation will vary depending upon the diagnosis, the companies responsible, the medical history of the patient, where the claim is filed and other factors.
- The amounts can range from just enough to cover medical expenses to millions of dollars.
Why Do People with Mesothelioma Have to Call Now?
- There’s a reason viewers are told “Don’t wait. Call the number on the screen now.” That’s not an overstatement.
- The statutes of limitation will vary from state to state, usually ranging from one to five years from the date of diagnosis to file your claim. If you wait too long, it could be too late.
- The average life expectancy for a person with mesothelioma ranges from 12 to 21 months after diagnosis. That’s why timing is critical.
- Family members of a person who already died of the disease will have much the same rights. Even after a patient dies, the family can file a claim and receive compensation, provided it is within the statute of limitation.
- It’s important to understand that commercials about mesothelioma lawyers help raise awareness of the disease among possible victims and their family members, but it’s also crucial to have all the information about this rare disease before contacting an attorney.
Mesothelioma commercial guy
For decades by a mistake the asbestos was accepted as a good source of isolation, thousands of asbestos based materials were developed in the sectors: industrial, Naval, Ferrocarrileros, electrical and construction.
Currently, Russia is the world leader in the market of suppliers of asbestos, followed by: China, Kazakhstan, Brazil, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Australia and Canada, (the latter country was provider of 89% of the asbestos used by the United States from 2002 to 2005), Canadian authorities, estiman containing two-thirds of the Earth ore asbestico.
He asbestos also is found in rocks serpentine and ultramorficas, that is located in them areas mountain as them of the State of California, where the amount of asbestos is really abundant, according to them authorities Canadian can locate is asbestos in 44 of the 58 counties of California and some geologists experts claim that can locate is asbestos in 50 of them 58 counties of California.
There are six recognized as material asbestico mineral which are silicates (molecules that include oxygen and silicon):
known as green or white asbestos, they are whitish and curly fibers, constitute 95% of asbestos used worldwide. Removed all over the world and most of the chrysotile imported United States Russia it is provided, Canada and Africa, scientists believe that this type of asbestos is the lower toxicity.
Known as blue asbestos consisting of straight fibers, most produced it South Africa and Australia, scientists believe that this type of asbestos is the greater toxicity.
known as asbestos Brown, great part comes from the mine of displays in South Africa, is a fiber straight and fragile in its structure, with excellent conditions of use as insulation thermal.
contains various forms of iron, is a type of asbestos of fiber brittle, has demonstrated its great resistance to the heat and products chemical.
white asbestos and rough that can be found along with other minerals, has been one of the main ingredients in the industrial and commercial sector of the talc for feet.